Saturday, November 6, 2010

Telling People

I started telling people last weekend, aka, my birthday weekend. There are specific people that I really wanted to tell in person, and I actually accomplished it! Go me! The best response I have gotten thus far is such:

"Your going to have an Asian baby.....Awww....It's what you always wanted!"

Thank you Jessa. That made my day. Also, Jessa took a belly pic at around 8 weeks, and I have decided to keep up with that, just not right now because I am TIRED! I worked a total of 18 hours yesterday, starting at 7am, ending at 6am the next day, with a little break in the middle. Thank goodness I love my job! But today I don't work until 7, so I get to be lazy. I am going to sit and eat food, drink water, watch dumb things on the internet, and nap intermittently. (also pee a lot. My new hobby.)

But what I really wanted to bitch about, is the fact that some people refuse to answer their phones or call back. There are some really big people in my life that I want to tell and I really don't want them to find out via facebook or word of mouth. But, if they won't answer their phones, that is just how it is going to be. Sorry.

So, new things with my body going on. Let's talk about it. I have been eating everything with a caloric content (with exceptions to meat), and in mass quantities. I went home for my birthday to the wonderful town of Hockinson, and I ate about half a lasagna, half a tray of deviled eggs, salad and veggies, cake and pie. Then? Then I went out to dinner and had some pasta. I am unstoppable. The effect of all of this? Some serious bloat! I look like I am WAAAYYY further along than I actually am, and it's all food.

Also, I can't talk.All of the sudden I can't think of words for things, and I am tongue tied. Apparently this is common. Also, apparently everyone in my family has had "the dropsies." I have not gotten to that yet. What I am an expert at though, is being hormonal. As I said before, I blame everything on my hormones, but this is not your average bitchery blamed on hormones. This is all out crazies! I cry at everything. I yell at the boyfriend for everything. I am the grouch. A grumpy, yelling, crying, sleeping grouch.

On top of everything, I have been getting these silly email updates from a couple of different websites telling me how far along I am, and about it. But sometimes it feels that they just email me to tell me all of the things I can't do. Like, ride a bicycle in the rain. Ok, why would ANYONE want to ride a bicycle in the rain, especially a crazy pregnant person?!? One that I am kind of excited about though? I'm not allowed to clean the cat box! Ha! No bitching there! Poop duty is now boyfriend's responsibility.

Good news though, and not just whining news, I am starting to accept my pregnancy and the fact that I am going to be a mom. I have been eating healthier, thinking about prenatal yoga classes, and I am interviewing midwives next week with the boyfriend. Things are turning up. Although there is still a huge amount of stress about finances and where we are going to live. But I just have a feeling that everything is going to turn out for the better, because hey, in the end, we are going to be parents! As terrifying everything thing is, I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment