Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Talk About a Hurdle!

So, I have ignored you for a while, for good reasons I promise!

A week ago, I peed on The Stick and it was positive. I peed on another stick, it too, was positive. Then I went to work. Shocked, slightly shaking, I stayed up all night during the overnight, and stared at my future every time I  fed a baby. After work, I got more tests, peed on 'em, and they were all positive.

While all of this is happening, the boyfriend's dad fell off a ladder, and he is away taking care of his dad. When I had come home from work, I was supposed to sleep, but HOW COULD I? I think I slept about 3 hours, then waited for the boyfriend to come home. Longest day of my life? So far, yes.

He came home, I bombarded with him with the news, then I went to my sisters house for a couple of days. I was and still am a little freaked out! I had no health insurance (my sister helped me sign up for state insurance), I have only been dating the boyfriend for about a year, and we currently live in a basement. After I got back home, the boyfriend and I had a more positive conversation, and I think he is coming around.

Apparently I got pregnant while I was taking my doula class. I didn't have a car, I was working crazy hours, and also taking classes. I am currently 8 weeks along. I don't feel very different though, so it makes it hard to accept the whole I'm going to have a baby thing. Sure, I'm a bit tired, a bit cranky, and I have been eating EVERYTHING. But I am also quitting smoking and caffeine, so those could also been symptoms of that too.

No morning sickness (knock on wood), no cravings, yeah, I'm peeing more, but I am also drinking a lot more water too. It kind of seems like I am making this huge deal about nothing.

One symptom that I do have, which made me take the tests (besides missed periods), are sore boobs. Seriously. They are like rock hard! And my nipples feel like they are trying to escape from my chest. They are a tad bigger, but mostly just hard and hurting. The funny thing about my boobs, which I had previously mentioned, is that I don't have them. I got excited the other day because I found a bra that fit and wasn't in the pre-teen section. No sparkles, no Hannah Montana, no My Little Pony, no Dora the Explorer. It is black with LACE!! and now it's almost too small. great.

I'm being a bit negative, I will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment