Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm Back!

Again, I ignore. I have been feeling overwhelmingly lazy and frumpy lately. I no longer fit into my jeans, and I have been rotating my 2 pairs of yoga pants for way too long now. I never realized how much my image mattered to me. Before, if someone had offered to allow me to wear yoga pants for an entire month I would have been ALL OVER that shit!  But because I have no other choice, I get really bummed by it.

That was until my mom swooped in and forced me to go shopping with her for maternity clothes. I avoided the stretchy waistbands like the plague, not because I fear gaining weight, but because I think buying clothes that are only going to last a couple of months are useless. That all changed when I actually tried on a pair of jeans with an underbelly waistband. I forced the people in the store to let me wear them out! Things are definitely looking up! I have jeans that I can wear, I have cargo pants with a HUGE elastic waistband that should have shoulder straps on them, I have cute expandable cardigans! I love my mother! She did the same thing with my sister who, later in her pregnancy, informed everyone that she was just going to cut a hole in the top of her tent and wear that! (My grandma threatened the same thing with a tablecloth) Basically, clothes are important to the pregnant women in our family, if we are convinced we have nothing to wear, we will walk around naked!

Since getting new clothing, and spending some one-on-one time with my mom, I am feeling really awesome. What is even more awesome:

I GOT TO HEAR THE HEARTBEAT! MY CHILD HAS A HEARTBEAT! IT IS A CHILD WITH A BEATING HEART! THERE IS ONLY ONE! I AM NOT JUST FAT AND BITCHY!

whew.  Sorry, had to get that out. But if you can't tell, I am pretty freaking excited!! Since they couldn't find a heartbeat the last time, I was convinced they never would. That my child was not alive, that there was no child, that I was just fat and a bitch, and that there were twins in there and the two heartbeats were cancelling each other out. Rational and sane right? hahahahahaha.

But basically, everything is fine besides me not being able to eat eggs or that nasty ass fish oil. I have been getting sick at night almost every night, but I hardly barf unless there are eggs or fish involved. Child is growing well, crooked uterus is growing crookedly well, and I gained 7 pounds!!!!  Never in my life have I bought a size medium, and now I fit them! Never in my life have I ever weighed this much, and I am ecstatic! I am protruding more and more every day, especially at night, hence the stretchy waistband pants. And my general grumpiness has gone (mostly) away.

All in all, things are looking up and out in a ) sort of way. Hey, hardly any bitching in this post! That is a first!

No comments:

Post a Comment